Balancing all you have to do; realizing all you get to do.
The real key to a life filled with joy and peace, is balance. Balance is the key to everything.
There are so many things vying for our time. We have so many choices, options, distractions. Everything seems to need immediate attention. This is why organizing your priorities is so important. Being a joyful and wonderful mommy is not about doing everything. It is about doing the important things well, and enjoying them. Just as you want your children to enjoy their life, God wants you to enjoy yours.
“For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:26
Your children are an amazing gift from God. A gift that you are responsible for molding and shaping into a responsible, life giving, and positive person. It is sometimes difficult to look at our children and not see them as babies but to instead see them as the next generation who will shape the future of the world. When you look at it from this perspective, it is an awesome responsibility! But God has entrusted you with this amazing task of mothering. And while it is a huge job, it is also the biggest blessing! Being a parent is also a joyous gift!
You were not chosen to be a mother so that you could give up everything special about yourself in order to become a robotic machine who cooks, cleans, launders, baths and then repeat the next day. Life is meant to be a little chaotic, with ups and downs. Lazy days are okay. Some days will be hectic and busy, but that is okay too. There will be days for just you and your husband to enjoy each other, which is necessary and wonderful. And of course, there will be days where you will drop everything to just enjoy the kids, they are only (fill in their age here) once.
Our children give us a purpose and a joy, but they are not the only purpose you have. God has given you many hats to wear and roles to pay. Mommy is just one of them.
The following 4 topics are filled with advice and tips to improve your life and possibly shift your perspective. Take time to read through them and apply these tips to your life wherever you can. Being a Joyful Mommy is about constantly adapting to change, making a plan to succeed and taking time to enjoy your life and your family.
How do you achieve balance?
1. Ask God for help, for wisdom.
2. Know who you are and what you want.
3. Realize your priorities, organize them.
4. Be open to change.
5. Seek help from friends, family and other sources.
6. Admit and acknowledge you don’t know everything and be open to assistance.
7. Choose your battles, and when to speak up and when to let it go.
8. Be the best version of you. Be the woman you want your children to see you as.
9. Allow yourself to have days to rest.
10. Don’t expect perfection. Try your best, but give yourself grace. (Your kids and hubby too!)
11. Make time for yourself and for the people in your life that matter.
12. Take time to enjoy the many gifts God has given you.
That is how to be a Joyful Mommy!